The Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Ham Recipe
Buckwheat dishes are both tasty and wholesome. Buckwheat goes well with mushrooms, meat, vegetables. It makes substantial dishes which are good for dinner or supper.
Ingredients for Buckwheat with Mushrooms
- 0.5 lb buckwheat
- 0.2 lb ham
- 3-4 field mushrooms
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons green butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
Recipe for Buckwheat with Mushrooms
- Put buckwheat in 2.5 glasses cold water and boil until ready. The lid should be on for the first 5 minutes.
- After you have boiled buckwheat you can begin on the sauce. Melt green butter in a roasting pan and fry chopped onion. If you have no green butterhandy, use common butter, greens and garlic.
- Add cut field mushrooms, fry them for about 5 minutes, then add ham and fry for another 3-4 minutes. After that add tomatoes, salt, pepper.
- Cover the roasting pan with the lid and stew for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Then put the boiled buckwheat into the sauce, mix up and stew for another 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it stand for about 10 minutes letting the buckwheat soak the sauce in well.
- Serve hot.