How to Make Charlotte Pie
Charlotte is a much-loved apple pie originated in France. The original recipe is slightly different, but the basic principle is the same – the combination of sweet soft dough and fresh fruits to create charlotte’s splendid taste. This light and airy pie has a balanced taste that could appeal to any gourmand’s appetite. You will need biscuit dough, which is very easy to make if you use a mixer. There are lots of charlotte pie recipes. As a filling, you can use not only apples, but also pears, bananas or any berries
Ingredients for Charlotte Pie
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 100 g butter
- 4-5 apples
- Beat eggs with sugar into dense foam and add a pinch of salt.
- Then add flour and soft butter.
- Keep beating with a mixer at the high speed for 3 minutes. As you finish, add baking soda mixed in vinegar and stir everything well.
- Now peel apples and cut them into thick slices.
- Arrange apple slices on a round baking sheet coated with cooking oil and dusted with breadcrumbs.
- Pour dough over apples and stick into pre-heated oven for about 30-40 minutes.
- Check doneness with a toothpick. Spear the pie, and if the dough is not sticky and is nicely brown in color, charlotte pie is ready.
- Let cool, and optionally sprinkle with sugar powder.