The Frittata with Spinach and Cheese Recipe
Frittata is an Italian dish similar to an omelette with various additions. It is a delicious, nutritious and substantial dish.
Its characteristic feature is that during cooking frittata must be turned over adroitly.
Special double frying pans for making frittata are sold, not unlike wafer irons, they can be turned over easily.
Ingredients for Frittata with Spinach
- Eggs: 4
- Any cheese, or better still a mixture of different cheeses (we had Parmesan Emmental and Asiago): 100 gr.
- Spinach: 100 gr.
- A large bunch of greens – parsley, mint and basil.
- Olive oil, salt and pepper.
Recipe for Frittata with Spinach
- If the spinach is fresh, boil it for 5 minutes, drain with a colander and give it a good squeeze. If it is frosted, just defrost it and squeeze out excessive moisture.
- Chop greens and spinach with a knife, shred cheese on a rough grate.
- Beat up eggs. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour some oil onto a frying pan, turn on medium heat and place the whole mass evenly.
- After that turn down the heat. In about 5-6 minutes, after you have fried one side properly, turn the frittata over and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it hot, cutting it into slices like you do with a pizza.