What can be tastier than home-made sweets prepared from the commonest of products? Many people are fond of cream fudge. It was invented in America almost 125 years ago. You can add different nuts, chocolate or dried fruits into fudge.
Ingredients for Vanilla Cream Fudge
- 0.42 pt cream
- 0.7 lb finely ground sugar or powder sugar
- 5 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- vanilla pod
- a handful of almonds
Recipe for Vanilla Cream Fudge
- Cut a vanilla pod in half, put it into cream and bring to boil. Let it stand for 30 minutes then filter.
- Pour the cream into a deep frying pan, add sugar, salt, condensed milk.
- Boil the fudge on low heat, stirring it constantly with a wooden spatula, for about 40 minutes. You’ll have to prevent sugar from crystallizing along the edges by scraping them off with a spatula.
- To make sure the fudge is ready let it drip into a glass of water. If the fudge is ready the drop will form a hard non-sticky lump.
- Sprinkle the warm fudge with a handful of nuts and place in a pre-oiled flat shallow dish.
- Let it cool down and cut with a sharp knife.