Samosa – this is an Asian pies. The most common variety is small triangles of puff pastry stuffed with meat.
Many years ago, during a trip to the Crimea, we tried such pies. They were gentle, extremely tasty, melting in the mouth.
Today we’ve finally baked them. We are overjoyed.
Worth noting – Samosa will be more juicy if the meat will be with layers of fat, and a lot of onions.
Ingredients for Samosa
for the dough
- Flour: 600 gr.
- Eggs: 2
- Butter: 100 g. + About 50-60 gr. for greasing layers.
- Warm water: 250 ml.
- Salt: 0.5 tsp
for the filling
- Meat (lamb, beef or chicken): about 400 gr.
- Onions: 2
- Salt and pepper.
Recipe for Samosa
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough. Wrap the dough into a film, leave in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then roll out the dough very thinly, spread melted butter over. Leave for about 10 minutes, fold thrice and roll out again. Do this several times until all the butter is absorbed. Place the dough into the cold for another couple of hours.
- Then roll out again and form a roll. Cut into slices 2 cm wide.
- Roll out each piece, put the stuffing into the center – minced meat with onions, salt, and pepper.
- Pinch the edges making a triangle, put them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 180C for about 30-40 minutes.