This soft creamy caramel, unusually tasty treat that is definitely worth learning how to cook at home. Spanish called Dulce de crema. Differs from condensed milk ( dulce de leche ) , a creamy rich taste .
Caramelized condensed cream (as milk), can be added in the coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Can be used as spread for pancakes, waffles, cookies , crackers, bread, or in any dessert.
And always it will be very tasty.
Those spices that we recommend to add, create a very thin exquisite fragrance . However, if something is not to your taste , you can adjust.
Ingredients for dulce de creme
- 10-15 % Cream 1 liter. (or a fatty cream with milk in half )
- Sugar: 250 gr.
- Soda : 1 tsp, without heap.
- A pinch of cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla.
The recipe of dulce de creme
- In a large pan with a thick bottom mix well cream, sugar and soda.
- Put on medium heat and bring to boil stirring.
- Cook over low heat for about an hour or a little longer , stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens up to the condition that fits you . Cream should not be boil , and just a little gurgle .
- A few minutes before the end add spices to taste .
- Remove from heat , allow to cool for a few minutes while stirring.