These crumbly cookies are made without flour but with starch, the way you make meringue for the Pavlova Cake. Crispy outside, they are a little wet and viscous inside, somewhat like tender marshmallow in texture.
- Egg whites: 2
- Fine white sugar or powder: 100 gr.
- A few drops of lemon juice.
- Cornstarch 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds: 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- A pinch of salt.
- Whip up egg whites with salt.
- Add sugar gradually. Keep whipping until you get stiff spikes.
- Add starch, lemon juice, and poppy.
- Whip up for another minute
- Place the mixture onto a baking tray with parchment, in small portions, using piping bag or just with a spoon.
- Sprinkle more poppy
- Bake on the middle level, in a preheated oven at 248F degrees about 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature at 210F and bake another 10-15 minutes, until cream color.