Cod is a dweller of northern seas, yet it somehow ended up becoming a favorite with Italians for quite a long time. They adore cod and will never miss a chance to treat themselves to it although it is rather expensive.
Here’s a simple but tasty diet salad called Baccala in bianco – Cod in the White.
Ingredients for Cod Salad
- 1.2-1.4 lb cod fillet
- a lemon
- a garlic clove
- a bunch of parsley
- olive oil, salt, pepper
The Recipe for Cod Salad
- Put cod pieces into a roasting pan, pour enough water to cover up the fish, salt, and boil on low heat until it’s ready.
- Turn off the heat and let the fish cool down right there in the broth.
- After it has cooled down, take it out, let excessive water drain away and separate into pieces along the fibers.
- Place the fish in a salad bowl, pour the dressing over – the dressing is made by squashing garlic through the press, mixing it with lemon juice, parsley and olive oil to taste.
- Let the salad come to in the fridge for about 20 minutes.