Buns in cream are made in Austria (Buchteln) and Bavaria (Rohrnudeln) where it is a traditional treat. Imagine soft buns with cream flavor and fruit jam fillings – who can refuse this pleasure? Usually apricot jam makes a good filling, but you can take any kind.
Ingredients for Buns in Cream
- 1.5 lb flour
- 0.6 pt or a glass and half milk
- 2 eggs
- 0.1 lb butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 0.05 lb yeast
- a pinch of salt
Ingredients for pouring
- 0.4 pt or a glass of 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Ingredients for filling
- 0.3 lb blueberry jam
- a handful of raisin
Recipe for Buns with filling in Cream
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk, add eggs, sugar, salt, butter and olive oil.
- Adding flour gradually, knead non-sticky soft dough. Knead it for about 15 minutes. Flour being a little different in different countries, the amount of flour needed may vary a little.
- Roll up the dough into a ball, put it in a deep bowl, cover with a film and leave standing for 2 hours.
- When the dough has gotten twice its size, put it on the worktable and cut up into medium-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Flatten each ball with your fingers, put some jam and raisin in the middle of each. Pinch the edges shut thus forming buns.
- Place the buns seam down onto a deep baking tray and leave like this for 1 hour.
- When the buns have grown in size, pour them over with sweet cream.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 356 degrees for about 30 minutes until they get nicely golden.