These are yeast pancakes with whole wheat flour. They are equally delicious – with salty and sweet fillings. We ate some of the pancakes with smoked salmon, and some – with honey.
Ingredients for Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Kefir, yoghurt or milk: 2 cups.
- Wholemeal flour 1 cup.
- Olive oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Eggs: 2
- Fresh yeast:12 gr.
- Salt, sugar to taste.
- Optionally, chopped peeled any seeds (can be any nuts): 1-2 tbsp
- Butter for greasing pancakes.
Recipe for Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Mix all the ingredients, leave the batter in a warm place for fermentation.
- The longer the batter is left to ferment, the more vivid sour taste the pancakes will have. Many like yeast pancakes for this taste.
- If you want thinner pancakes, and the batter is thick, add more milk. The thickness of pancakes is regulated by liquid.
- Bake pancakes on a hot frying pan with a thick bottom, pouring the batter with a ladle and turning the pan around.
- Hot pancakes grease with butter.