Semifreddo, a homemade dessert, is ice cream with different berries and fruits, guaranteed to bring heaps of positive emotions. It is also a good refreshment in hot weather. Here’s the simplest way to make it. In the French cuisine is roughly the same dessert, called – parfait
Ingredients for Berry Semifreddo
- 1 lb berry mix – blueberry, raspberry
- 0.5 pt or 1 ¼ glass cream, fat 30-35%
- 2 egg whites
- 4-5 tablespoons of sugar
- 0.3 oz gelatin
Recipe for Berry Semifreddo
- Mince 0.6 lb berries in a blender and heat up the puree. The remaining berries leave for decoration.
- Soak gelatin in cold water, squeeze it dry and mix with hot berry puree. Stir up until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Whip up cream and add it to the cooled berry jelly, mix it up.
- Whip egg whites with sugar until you get a hard foamy mass; add it gradually and carefully to the berry mixture.
- Put the mixture into small forms (or into one large form) and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed raspberries and decorated with whole berries.