Artichoke is actually a flower bud with large fleshy scales. Artichoke is considered a culinary delicacy and it is also a strong aphrodisiac that makes you feel better and boosts your libido. Artichokes have an amazing, incomparable taste.
While artichokes are real yummy, they are a very healthy food rich in sodium and kalium salts. Artichokes dishes are enjoyable, juicy and fragrant.
In Italy, this dish is called carciofi affogati. For this recipe, you will also need olives, garlic and capers. Each ingredient gives its taste and flavor to create a wonderful combination. This dish may be a good option for romantic dinner. It is great for people who lead a healthy way of life, or who are trying to lose excess weight.
Ingredients for Stewed Artichokes
- 5 artichokes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 50 g olives
- 20 g capers
- Salt to taste
- 50 g olive oil
- Wash artichokes. Remove the tough outer leaves and cut off stems at base.
- Trim artichokes by cutting off the upper leaves.
- Cut each artichoke along into quarters
- Put artichokes into water mixed with lemon juice and rinse it thoroughly.
- Spread olive oil on a pan.
- Fry garlic cut into three pieces until it becomes golden color.
- Then add trimmed artichokes and salt. Put a lid on the pan and fry for 20-25 minutes over a medium heat.
- As the moisture evaporates, add some water to keep the artichokes soft and juicy.
- Two minutes before the artichokes are done, add pitted olives and capers.
- Fry it all for some time. Add salt if desirable and turn the heat off.
- Serve this dish hot or cold.