Here is the recipe for a yeast-dough cake. You’ll get a soft and puffy cake which is excellent for soaking with syrup. The cake goes well with chocolate and berries. It is easy to make, provided you have time and patience, for yeast dough takes time to come to.
Ingredients for Spring-Time Cake
- 0.5 lb flour
- 0.2 lb butter + 0.04 lb for smearing form
- 0.2 lb sugar
- 0.2 pt or half a glass of water
- 2 eggs
- 0.04 lb yeast
- for soaking: half a glass of cognac + 0.1 lb honey + half a glass of water
- for decorating: 0.1 lb chocolate + 0.1 lb cream, a handful of strawberry
Recipe for Spring-Time Cake
- First dissolve the yeast in 2-3 tablespoons of warm water with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of flour. Leave to stand for 30-40 min.
- Rub butter with sugar, pinch of salt and eggs.
- Mix it with the yeast, the rest of the flour and water, stirring the mixture until it is smooth. Leave the dough to stand for 2-3 hours, when it has swelled up, give it some more mixing.
- Smear form with butter, and place the dough in. Leave to stand for an hour.
- Bake in the oven pre-heated to 356 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down and pour the syrup over it.
- In an hour pour the cake with chocolate melted by double boiling and mixed with cream, then decorate with strawberries.