Strawberry is in now, there is a lot of it selling and the prices are quite affordable. Besides, strawberry is the sweetest and fragrant when in season, so it’s a good idea to make jams and preserves for the winter.
Ingredients for Strawberry Jam
- 2 lb strawberry
- 2 lb sugar
Recipe for Strawberry Jam
- Put the strawberries in a colander and wash in running water. Let the water drain.
- Take the sepals off and let the berries dry.
- Put the berries in a bowl with a thick bottom for boiling jams and put the sugar on top. Leave to stand for 5 hours allowing the juice to ooze out.
- Afterwards put the bowl with strawberry on low heat. Bring to boil stirring regularly and boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and get on with boiling on the next day. Do it the same way, bring to boil on low heat, stirring, and boil for 10 minutes.
- Once again, leave it until the next day and do the same thing on the third day. If boiled in this fashion, the jam comes off rich, fragrant and beautifully colored.
- You can store it in the refrigerator or put boiling jam into sterilized jars and seal hermetically with sterilized lids.