These melt in your mouth almond cakes macarons due saffron, have a warm yellow color and have mysteriously attractive delicate flavor. And besides, they are moderately sweet, because in Greek yogurt, which we used instead of cream, no added sugar.
Ingredients for saffron macarons
- Almond flour: 120 gr.
- Caster sugar (powder): 200 gr.
- Egg whites: 120 gr. ages 3 to 6 days at room temperature.
- Fine white sugar: 50 gr.
- Saffron: 2 bags or 1-2 pinches.
- Greek yogurt for filling.
Recipe for saffron makarons
- Sift almond flour with sugar powder.
- Whip up the whites into hard foam, then add sugar, saffron and keep whipping until you get stiff spikes.
- When you whisk the stuff up, the meringue should stay upright without wilting down like a beak. As soon as you get it like this, stop whipping at once.
- Sifting the almond mixture with powder over the whipped whites, knead dough with a turner moving from downside up as if folding dough.
- Fill a piping bag with the dough.
- Set the dough on a baking tray covered with a sheet of parchment.
- Strike the tray against the table several times to get air bubbles out.
- Leave the macarons to stand by for 30-60 minutes to get their surface dry. As soon as they are no longer sticky, set them in an oven pre-heated to 320 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool down, then pick them off the parchment.
- Smear the bottom of the cookies with Greek yogurt and top with another cookie.
- Leave the cookies to ripen in a closed box for 6-8 hours.