You need a whole chunk of pork meat for this roll. It is better to buy belly cut with little streaks of fat in it. If cut is thin, it is easier to roll it up. Pork dishes are very popular because pork meat is so tasty, soft and nutritious. Try our home pork roll recipe. This pork roll is amazingly tasty! If you make this pork roll, you won’t want to buy sausages.
Ingredients for Pork Roll with Mushrooms
- 4.5 lb (2 kg) pork meat
- 200-300 g champignon mushrooms
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- Few fennel stalks
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon karri
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
Recipe for Pork Roll with Mushrooms
- Chop 3-4 garlic cloves.
- Combine garlic with salt, coriander and karri.
- Mix everything well and rub between fingers.
- Rub the meat with the mixture.
- Pound the meat lightly, if needed.
- Then, chop 4-5 garlic cloves and sauté until golden.
- Now add chopped champignons and fry everything together for 5-6 minutes.
- Add shredded fennel and salt to taste.
- Mix well and turn the heat off.
- Now put mushrooms on the piece of meat.
- Roll up, fix and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in an oven for two hours until brown at medium temperature.
- Let cool and cut.
- Serve on lettuce leaves and garnish with basil and tomatoes.