Vegetable rolls are so yummy and healthy. This appetizing-looking dish is a good starter that will add a twist to your diet. Marrow and eggplant rolls stuffed with simmered vegetables appeal to both adults and kids. Cheese and olives enrich the flavor of vegetables. This is a low-cal dish, so you can indulge yourself with something really tasty, even if you keep diet or watch your weight.
Ingredients for Vegetable Rolls
2 medium marrows
2 sweet peppers
3 garlic cloves
30 g Dutch cheese
50 g olives
3 tablespoons (50 g) olive oil
Salt to taste
6-8 lettuce leaves
Recipe of Vegetable Rolls
- Wash all vegetables.
- Cut marrows and eggplants lengthwise into thin slices.
- Put aside outer slices and fry the rest of slices from both sides until golden.
- To keep slices juicy, season with salt after frying.
- Peel onion and carrots. Chop and fry until golden.
- Put sliced red bell pepper and tomatoes and simmer everything together for 8-10 minutes.
- Add finely diced outer slices of marrows and eggplants.
- Cook over low heat for additional 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped garlic and salt near end of cooking time.
- Fold up fried slices of marrows and eggplants and fix with toothpicks.
- Line serving plate with lettuce leaves and arrange rolls nicely.
- Spoon simmered vegetables into rolls.
- Put nicely nut cheese chunks and olives on toothpicks.