Sole is a fish belonging to a flatfish group. It is dark gray on the one side and white on the other. It lives deep in the seabed and looks at the world with one eye. It has white tender meat and few bones. Is considered a delicacy and therefore it is not cheap.
Ingredients for Pan-fried Sole
- Sole: 2-3 (for one portion- one fish).
- Flour for breading.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Salt, pepper and lemon.
Recipe for Pan-fried Sole
- Scale and disembowel the fish, rinse with running water.
- Roll in flour. Shake off extra flour so it does not burn up during cooking.
- Pour some oil into a broad and deep frying pan and warm up well.(Pour enough oil, layer about 2-3 cm.)
- Put the fish into the frying pan and fry over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Salt and pepper when ready, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately while crispy. With fish goes well fried or mashed potatoes, or boiled rice