If you want to amaze your guests with something special and yummy, make baked mussels with flavorous garlic sauce. It is not time-consuming, but your guests will definitely appreciate your idea. Baked mussels are fabulously tasty, soft and flavorous. It’s just amazing how you can eat the mussel flesh right off its shell. What’s more, mussels are pretty healthy as they have low calorie content. Also, mussels contain proteins, phosphorus, zinc, iron and vitamins.
Ingredients for Baked Mussels
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 parsley stalks
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- Salt to taste
- If you have fresh and alive mussels, drop them in a pot, put some water and steam over medium heat.
- When mussels are open, turn the heat off and remove top shell of each mussel.
- If you have shell mussels, just pull them open and remove one valve of each mussel.
- Chop garlic and parsley.
- Add olive oil, sour cream, mayo and breadcrumbs.
- Blend the ingredients well to make a thick sauce.
- Release mussel flesh from the bottom shell.
- Put sauce into the shell.
- Place mussel flesh on top.
- Bake at the temperature of 270 F (150 C) for 10-15 minutes.
- As soon as the flesh becomes golden in color, take it out of oven.
- This dish looks pretty good, but you can garnish it with lemon, lettuce leaf or parsley depending on your taste.