We came up with a new recipe of moscardini, a type of octopuses. The combination of black and green olives with capers gave this dish an amazing and very piquant taste. Besides, all the ingredients of this mouth-watering dish are good for your health. As we put a lid on a frying pan while cooking, the dish preserves its taste and beneficial qualities much better. Try to cook moscardini with olives and capers using our recipe.
Ingredients for Moscardini with Olives and Capers
1 lb (500 g) moscardini
100 g green olives
50 g black olives
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 bay leaves
Pinch of saffron, or on the tip of a knife.
A half of nutmeg
1 teaspoon karri
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt to taste
Recipe for Moscardini with Olives and Capers
- Remove inc sacs, eyes and beak off octopuses.
- Rinse the bodies well, not leaving them in water.
- Cut moscardini together with their tentacles into pieces.
- Chop onion and garlic finely.
- Also, chop olives and capers finely.
- Pour olive oil in a frying pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Mix saffron in small amount of water.
- Put moscardini into the pan, stirring for a minute.
- Then, add saffron mixture, wine, tomato paste, olives and capers.
- Also add bay leaves, finely grated nutmeg, shredded parsley and karri.
- Mix everything well, cover and simmer for 15 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle with oregano at the end, rubbing leaves between fingers.
- Check doneness of moscardini with a fork. It should come through easily.
- Try the sauce and add more salt if needed.
- Arrange moscardini on a serving plate, top with the sauce and garnish with tomatoes, parsley and onion slices.
- The sauce is usually served with bruschetta – grilled bread with garlic and olive oil