The octopus catching season has begun. Italians just love making various dishes with Moscardini. To make one of them, you’ll need to get fresh octopuses and potato Gnocchetti. The recipe also features sweet Cherry tomatoes, garlic and parsley to give more flavor. Use basil and white wine to add zest.
Ingredients for Moscardini with Gnocchetti
- 1 lb (500 g) Gnocchetti
- 1 lb (500 g) moscardini
- 200-300 g Cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 parsley stalks
- Basil, couple of leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Dry white wine, half of glass
- 1 teaspoon flavored olive oil.
- You can buy Gnocchetti in a store or make them using our potato Gnocchi recipe, but make them like small balls.
- Wash octopuses. Remove ink sacks, eyes and rinse thoroughly.
- Cut the bodies into medium pieces and leave one or two of them for garnishing.
- In a saucepan or deep frying pan, pour olive oil and saute chopped garlic.
- Stir in shredded parsley, chopped tomatoes and basil.
- Add salt to taste and cover. Simmer for 2 minutes and then add octopuses and some water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Then add wine, peppered olive oil or chili pepper and cook for additional 5 minutes before adding Gnocchetti to the sauce.
- Cook everything together for 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat off and put sauce with Gnocchetti and octopuses on plates in portions. Serve hot.