The Gazpacho Recipe, Spanish Tomato Soup
It’s an incredibly tasty dish, very popular in Spain, which has become a favorite summer treat in many countries. Gazpacho can keep in the fridge for 2 days. Besides, you can freeze this soup (which resembles a sauce) and use it whenever you need.
Ingredients for Gazpacho
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- half a teaspoon Pink pepper
- One large cucumber or 2 small
- 1-2 Sweet peppers
- 1 Onion
- Juice of a lemon
- A pinch of oregano, black pepper and tarragon.
- Couple sprigs of parsley and basil.
- Salt, vinegar, olive oil: to taste.
Recipe for Gazpacho
- Dip tomatoes in boiling water, it will make them easier to peel. But if the skin is thin and your blender makes a good mince of it, just wash them and cut into pieces.
- Make a point of peeling cucumbers because their skin spoils the color of the soup.
- Cut pepper into pieces and take away the seeds. Clean onion and garlic.
- Put all the vegetables, greens, and spices into the blender and make a smooth mixture of them all.
- Adjust the taste to perfection adding olive oil, salt, lemon juice and vinegar.
- Let the soup stay in the fridge for about 3-4 hours. Serve it cold with dry bread croutons.
- If you wish, you can put in pieces of peeled cucumber and tomatoes. If the soup comes off too thick, dilute it with cold water.