The Best Way to Prepare Squash Spread
Common squash spread can make an exquisite dish if prepared correctly. The secret behind a tasty squash spread is to take soft marrow squashes, good oil, sweet tomatoes, and you will get a delicious spread. Don’t cover it when stewing because the spread may come out too watery.
Ingredients for Squash Spread
- 2.2 lb marrow squashes or zucchinis
- 1.0 lb tomatoes
- 3-4 onions
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper
Recipe for Squash Spread
- Cut marrow squashes, tomatoes and onions into very small cubes into three different bowls.
- Pour oil into a frying pan so as to cover the bottom. Fry the marrow squashes on medium heat until soft.
- Pour a little oil into another frying-pan and first fry onion until it gets transparent, then put in tomatoes and stew for about 15 minutes.
- Put marrow squashes and tomatoes with onion together, salt and pepper. Stew it all on low heat for about 30 minutes. Squash spread can be served hot or cold.
- If you want to can the spread put it into glass jars, sterilize for 30 minutes, then screw lids on.