Arugula Salad with Bresaola
This is a simple salad with an excellent taste.
Bresaola is Italian damp-dried beef ham that originates from Chiavenna, Lombardy. Bresaola production includes two stages: salting and drying. Chunks of beef are being salted for 2 weeks and then are hung in a ventilated area for 4-8 weeks.
Bresaola has a red-burgundy color, a pleasant taste and smell. It is cut into thin transparent slices. It combines well with cheese and arugula in this salad.
The salad is prepared in portions.
Ingrdients for Arugula Salad with Bresaola for 2 portions
- Arugula: 120-150 gr.
- Smaller tomatoes (cherry possible): 6-8
- Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese: 80-100 gr.
- Bresaola: 100 gr.
- Olive oil, balsamic cream, salt to taste.
Recipe for Arugula Salad with Bresaola
- Arugula should be washed under running water.
- Make sure there are no damaged leaves; dry it.
- Cut tomatoes; if you have cherry tomatoes, cut them into halves.
- The cheese should be cut into thin slices.
- Take deep salad plates. Put arugula in them, add tomatoes on top and then add cheese.
- Next, put bresaola coiled in the shape of roses.
- Season the salad with olive oil and balsamic cream or vinegar.
- It is not needed to mix the salad beforehand.
- Every person will stir it for himself/herself during the meal.