Yummy and rich cocoa and walnut pastry roll is quick and easy to make. We need to regularly consume sweets, chocolate and nuts in little quantity because they are essential for proper function of the brain and feeling happy. Delicious food is a wonderful remedy against depression. It goes without saying that homemade bakery is always better than store-bought one. Chocolate pastry roll has a rich taste and flavor. If you are diet-conscious you can treat yourself to a little piece with a big cup of green tea that will effectively remove extra calories preventing them to turn into fat deposits.
Ingredients for Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 glass sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 50 g butter
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda mixed with a tablespoonful of vinegar
Ingredients for Cream
- 100 g walnut cores
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for Icing
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons water
- Beat eggs with sugar and a pinch of salt until dense foam.
- Add sour cream, soft butter, cocoa, and mixed baking soda.
- Beat everything together, adding flour gradually.
- Meanwhile, start heating an oven.
- Now line a baking sheet with baking paper and pour the dough into it.
- Spread the dough evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at the medium temperature.
- While the dough is baking, make cream.
- Beat sour cream with sugar and add crumbled walnut cores (leave some cream without walnut for garnishing).
- Now remove the dough from the oven and put the cream on top immediately.
- Fold the baking paper wrapped dough into roll. Let cool completely.
- Now make icing. Combine sugar and cocoa and water, bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- When the roll is cooled, pour hot icing over. Garnish with cream using cake decorating syringe or pastry bag and any berries. We used cranberry.