Apart from salads, avocado is very good to use in sauces and appetizers.
This fruit has stiff buttery flesh so you don’t need any oily dressing. Although avocado is classified as a fruit as it grows on a tree, it is more like a vegetable because it’s not sweet at all.
Avocado dishes are considered as dietary, though avocado is high in calories. It is dietary because all nutrients are well-balanced.
Avocado provides a great range of vitamins and minerals. This avocado appetizer is very quick to make, especially if you have shelled shrimp. Light and tender, avocado and shrimp appetizer tastes amazing.
Ingredients for Avocado and Shrimp Appetizer
- 2 avocados
- 400 g shelled shrimp
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 50 g pickled laminaria
- 3-4 tablespoons olive almond and capers paste
- Juice from one lemon
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dip shrimp into boiling water, and remove after 2-3 minutes.
- Peel avocado, cut along in half and remove a stone.
- Cut into long slices and sprinkle with lemon juice quickly to avoid oxidation.
- Arrange avocado slices like a star or a flower and add salt to taste.
- Put some olive almond paste on top of each avocado slice.
- Pour shrimp in the middle and sprinkle them with lemon juice and olive oil. Salt.
- Stick pickled laminaria and halves of tomatoes in between avocado slices.