Huge tiger shrimp is delicious gift of the sea. They go great with tender buttery avocado taste. This salad recipe also features tiny cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and the Sardinian sheep’s milk cheese Pecorino Sardo which all add to the wonderful overall taste composition. The dressing of lemon juice, shredded parsley, salt and olive oil adds a special zest to the salad.
Ingredients for Avocado Salad with Tiger Shrimp
- 1 lb (500 g) tiger shrimp
- 2 avocados
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber
- 100 g Pecorino Sardo cheese
- Several parsley stalks
- Juice from one lemon
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil shrimp in salted water for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain water and peel. Cut each shrimp along its body in half. Leave some shrimp whole for garnishing.
- Peel avocados and cut finely. Sprinkle it with lemon juice to avoid oxidation.
- Dice onion finely.
- Grate cheese coarsely.
- Dice cucumber.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl.
- Dress with the mixture of shredded parsley, sea salt, lemon juice and two tablespoonfuls of olive oil.
- Mix everything well and serve in portions. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, shrimp in shells and greens.