Recipe for Italian Sausages by Alfredo
Everybody loves sausages, but it can be hard to pick up fresh and high quality sausages at grocery stores. They often have spices and chemicals in them which can be unhealthy or appeal not to everyone’s taste. Homemade sausages are absolutely healthy and you can use whatever spices you like. What’s more, you can ensure their highest quality. Try our exclusive recipe for sausages with Mediterranean herbs which give meat amazing taste.
Ingredients for Italian Sausages by Alfredo
- 2-2.5 lb (1 kg) pork meat without bones
- 1-1.3 lb (500-600 g) fatty pork meat (pancetta, bacon or neck)
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary, oregano, pepper
- Hog casings, about two meters
- Wrapping net for sausages
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Dice pork meat finely.
- Put everything into a large bowl. Add chopped garlic, salt, fennel seeds, oregano, pepper and rosemary.
- Combine with hands well and let stand for several hours in a refrigerator.
- Meantime, remove a cutter from your meat grinder.
- Then screw a special tubular attachment on the meat grinder.
- Pull a hog casing over the attachment. If your hog casings are dry, they may be hard to pull over. Wet them with water.
- Fill hog casings with meat through the meat grinder.
- Wrap stuffed hog casings in net for sausages. Each sausages should be about 4 inches in length (10 cm).
- Then pierce sausages with a fork here and there to prevent them from bursting while cooking.
- Let stand in a cool place or freeze them if you want to store.
- You can fry these sausages, cook them on the grill, simmer in a sauce or roast in an oven.
- We fried them in oil coated frying pan.
- Fry for 8-10 minutes on both sides over medium heat.
- Serve hot with vegetables.