https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/timbai-pronto.jpg 300 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2014-04-03 15:31:342015-01-02 19:17:16Rice Timbale with Savoy Cabbage Recipe
Timbale is a word of French origin. It refers to a gold or silver mold, narrowed below.
Currently timbale is the name of a dish resembling casserole.
It is layered and may have different ingredients.
Ingrdients for Rice Timbale with Savoy Cabbage
- Savoy cabbage 1 small head.
- Brown rice: 150 gr.
- Beef or veal mince: 300 gr.
- Carrots: 1
- Onion: 1
- Tomatoes: 2-3
- Tomato paste: 1 tbsp
- Olive oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Celery, parsley, oregano: to taste.
- Salt, pepper and other spices to taste.
- Grated Parmesan.
Recipe for Rice Timbale with Savoy Cabbage
- Boil a whole savoy cabbage in salted water. Then place it into a colander to drain the water, separate into individual leaves.
- Cook the rice until soft.
- Brown the onions, carrots, and tomatoes in olive oil. Add ground beef, tomato paste, rice and and all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Oil the form.
- Spread the layers of rice and meat, vegetables and cabbage leaves, sprinkling each layer with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven, at 170C, 30-40 minutes.
- The timbale is ready when covered with a good crust.