If you try this recipe you will get the most delicious risotto with a bright yellow color and a wonderful smell. This is the way they make risotto in Northern Italy. The legend has it that saffron risotto originates from 1400.
It is different from risotto Milanese way – traditional Milanese risotto is made with beef marrow but without wine.
Ingredients for Risotto with Saffron and Mushrooms
- Arborio rice: 200 gr.
- 1 White onion
- Butter: 40 gr.
- Porcini mushrooms (ceps): 100 gr. or dried 20-30 gr.
- Saffron: 1 pinch.
- Dry white wine: 100 ml.
- Vegetable or chicken broth: 500 ml.
- Parmesan cheese: 50 gr.
- Salt, white pepper: to taste.
Recipe for Risotto with Saffron and Mushrooms
- Melt the butter and fry finely chopped onion until it gets transparent.
- Put in rice and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and pour in broth gradually, stirring it constantly.
- As soon as one portion of broth has gotten absorbed, pour in some more.
- When the rice is almost ready, put in saffron dissolved in 2 tablespoons water, salt, pepper, and grated parmesan.
- Serve risotto hot having sprinkled it with cheese.