Lavash is flatbread of Armenian origin. This bread is very thin and elastic. You can wrap just about anything into this bread – meat, veggies, mushrooms, fish – and the rolls are always going to be tasty. In this recipe we stuffed lavash with broccoli and low-fat smoked brisket of beef called pastrami. The result is tasty and one-of-a-kind rolls that just melt in your mouth.
Ingredients for Lavash Rolls
- 1 lavash
- 100 g pastrami
- 1 broccoli
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Boil broccoli until soft.
- Remove from water and chop finely with a knife. Then, mash with a fork.
- Pour over with lemon juice and olive oil and add salt to taste.
- Cut pastrami into thin slices.
- Combine broccoli paste with pastrami.
- Cut lavash into squares and roll into tubes folding the edges in so the rolls don’t unfold.
- Spoon the filling into each tube carefully.
- Arrange on a serving plate nicely and serve.