Try this recipe of our own invention featuring oyster mushrooms, fusilli pasta and sweet pepper. Fusilli is spiral-shaped pasta made with whole wheat flour. And whole wheat flour products are known to improve metabolism. Oyster mushrooms have a light, soft flesh with incredibly mushroom flavor. These mushrooms grow on trees and have strong anti-swelling properties. Sweet pepper is rich in vitamin C and it gives a special overtone to this dish.
Ingredients for Oyster Mushrooms with Fusilli
- 300 g fusilli
- 2 sweet peppers
- 1 lb (500 g) oyster mushrooms
- Several parsley stalks
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove seeds from the pepper and cut into medium-thick slices.
- Trim off the ends of mushroom stems.
- Wash mushrooms and chop.
- Chop garlic very finely.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and sauté garlic.
- Add sweet pepper, salt and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put mushrooms, stir everything and cover again. Keep simmering for additional 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Uncover and keep cooking to let the excessive moisture evaporate.
- Add shredded parsley, simmer for additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly and then turn the heat off.
- Boil fusilli in a large pot of water for 12-15 minutes and then drain.
- Transfer fusilli on plates and top with mushroom sauce with sweet pepper. Serve hot.