The Recipe for Broccoli Stewed with Champignons in White Wine
You can make a light dietary dish of broccoli and champignons. It won’t give you extra weight. On the other hand this dish is very nourishing and tasty. Broccoli, celery, carrots and mushrooms are a real godsend for any diet as these foods can make you lose weight and they are rich with the most wholesome microelements.
Ingredients for Broccoli Stewed with Champignons
- 1.3 lb/ 600 g broccoli
- 0.6 lb/ 300 g champignons
- 3-4 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2-2.5 fl oz/ 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery stalks
- 5 fl oz/ 0.6 cup dry white wine
- several whole black peppers
- salt to taste
- Break broccoli into small buds, peel the thick stalk and dice it.
- Cut onions into thin half-rings, dice carrots across into thick round slices.
- Chop celery finely, cut champignons into four parts.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan and fry onion half-rings, then add carrots and after about 3 minutes add champignons. Fry it all together for a while on high heat, stirring quickly.
- After 2 minutes put the broccoli, salt to taste, add black pepper and celery.
- Pour some white wine over and simmer with the cover on low heat for about 15 minutes. When the broccoli is soft, the dish is done.
- Serve the dish hot. You can top it with grated cheese after you’ve put it in a plate.