If the cucumbers in your garden at your country house have grvegetableown oversize, never mind. They will make excellent appetizers – just scoop out the seeds and stuff it with any pate or mincemeat you may fancy. If their skin is too rough better take it off. Long “salad-type” cucumbers are very good for such appetizers. And, while we’re at it, avoid buying mayonnaise at shops, there are too many chemicals in it. You’d rather prepare home-made mayonnaise. It won’t take you so much time, in five minutes you will have a delicious and very healthy mayonnaise. We always make it with olive oil and lemon juice using a special recipe. Such mayonnaise will make a gourmet’s delight out of any appetizer.
Ingredients for Cucumbers Stuffed with Tuna
- One long and big cucumber
- A can of tuna fish
- One garlic clove
- A few twigs of parsley
- A few spoonfuls of home-made olive mayonnaise
- Crush a garlic clove in a masher and mix it with minced parsley.
- Add mayonnaise and mash the mixture together with pieces of tuna turning the mixture into pate. It should be quite thick.
- Cut the cucumber across into large pieces. Scoop out the core with the seeds.
- Place the cucumber pieces vertically allowing the juice to run out.
- Stuff the pieces with the mixture of the tuna with mayonnaise.
- You can serve it straightaway decorating the dish with greens, tomatoes or whatever you may fancy.