We decided to publish this recipe as mayonnaise is very popular in many cuisines all over the world.
Mayo comes with almost every dish. There is one big advantage of making homemade mayonnaise: you always use natural ingredients.
It is free of artificial conservants, food colorings and flavoring matters.
This recipe includes the superior Extra Virgin olive oil, fresh eggs and wine vinegar. Feel free to replace wine vinegar with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
You will also need a blender. That makes the cooking process quick and easy.
Ingredients for Homemade Mayonnaise
1/2 cup (125-150 ml) Extra Virgin olive oil
Salt and vinegar (or lemon juice): to taste
Recipe of Homemade Mayonnaise
- Break the egg into a mixing bowl.
- Turn the mixer to its highest speed and beat.
- Add salt and vinegar (or lemon juice).
- Pour olive oil in.
- Immerse beaters deep into the mixture.
- Continue beating at high speed.
- Slowly move the beaters up and down.
- Test if there is enough salt and vinegar.
- If you want thicker mayonnaise, add olive oil. Thickness depends of the amount of oil and the speed of beating.
- Beat for 4-5 minutes and mayo is done.