Here is a kind of paste you can make easily at a moment’s notice. You can spread it on dried bread, add to different sauces, purees and even to minced meat to make wonderful cutlets. This recipe is all but strict, you can change the ingredients as fancy takes you, for example, you can take more tomatoes, less oil, or exchange sunflower seeds for almond. This paste can keep in the refrigerator for a long time.
Ingredients for Paste from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Sun-Dried tomatoes San Marzano: 100 gr.
- A handful of cleaned-roasted sunflower seeds (or can be any nuts)
- Capers 1 tablespoon
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves.
- Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Boiled water: 3-4 tbsp
- Salt to taste.
Recipe for Paste from Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- First grind the seeds, then put all the ingredients into the blender and grind, adding a little water, especially if the tomatoes are too dry.
- Replace the paste in a glass jar and use it when required.