The key for making succulent and crispy grilled chicken is right marinade and cooking temperature. Otherwise, your chicken can be dry and tasteless. Pick up dry white wine and aromatic herbs for good marinade. Try our grilled chicken recipe and we are going to love it.
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken
- 2-3 lb (1-1.5 kg) chicken
- 200 ml white dry wine
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 salvia leaves
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon karri
- Parsley or cilantro, couple of stalks
- 3 tablespoons cream or sour cream
- 5-6 peas whole black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash chicken, remove hairs if any. Cut skin at the lower part of the body and stick legs into these “pockets”. Otherwise legs will set apart while grilling.
- Now make a marinade in a large bowl. Combine wine, lemon juice, cream and salt.
- Grind black pepper, mash garlic gloves, rub oregano between fingers, tear bay and salvia leaves into fine pieces. Chop parsley and basil very finely.
- Then add mashed garlic, ground pepper, bay leaves, saffron, parsley, karri, oregano and basil into the wine marinade. Mix everything well.
- Dip the chicken into this marinade and rub well inside and outside. Let stand for 3-4 hours.
- Cook on grill at 350 degrees until crust is slightly brown. Then increase the temperature to 390 degrees and grill for about an hour or more.
- Serve hot with olives and tomatoes.