Cod is a lean tasty fish with white soft meat. In Italy, it is sold as baccala. If it comes salted, it must be soaked. However, usually it is bought either already soaked or fresh. It is often stewed with potatoes and tomatoes.
Today we are going to roast and eat it with a green sauce of fresh herbs. The dish happens to be very worthy.
Ingredients for Fried cod with green sauce
- Cod: 1 kg.
- Flour for breading.
- Oil for frying.
For the green sauce
- Parsley, dill, celery, oregano: all in a few sprigs.
- Couple cloves of garlic.
- Dijon mustard: about 1-2 tablespoons
- Olive oil: about 100 gr. Or more.
- Salt, sugar, pepper.
Recipe for Fried cod with green sauce
- Prepare the sauce with a blender, put washed herbs and garlic there. Taste it as you add oil, mustard, salt, sugar, pepper until you bring its taste to perfection, making it bright and spicy.
- Cut the cod into pieces. If it is not salty, add a little salt.
- Roll in flour, shake off excess flour.
- Fry the fish in sufficient quantities of well heated oil for 8-10 minutes on each side, and put on paper towels.
- Serve fried fish with green sauce.