https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ingrdienti.jpg 350 450 Elena and Alfredo https://geniuscook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/gc-logo2.png Elena and Alfredo2011-06-21 08:19:172011-06-21 08:19:17The Recipe for Cod and Potatoes Stewed in Tomato Sauce
Cod or baccalà stewed with potatoes in a vegetable sauce is a great favorite dish Italians. We like it too, and often cook it for lunch.
Ingredients for Stewed Cod and Potatoes
- 2 lb cod or hake fillets (frozen)
- 5-6 potatoes
- 1-2 large onions
- 1 sweet pepper
- 0.4 lb grated tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt, pepper.
The Recipe for Cod with Potatoes
- Pour 5 tablespoons of olive oil into a deep frying-pan. Cut onion into thin half-rings and fry until translucent.
- Cut sweet pepper into straws and put it in. Fry for about 2 minutes, then add potatoes cut into cubes. Stew for about 3 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and a glass of water. Salt, pepper, cover up and stew the sauce until the potatoes are half-cooked, for about 5 minutes.
- After that put in the pieces of fish and stew for another 15 minutes on low heat. Turn the fish over once, during this time. Serve hot