Fried artichokes with cauliflower are a typical Italian vegetarian dish made with fried artichokes and cauliflower. In some parts of Italy, calf’s liver is sometimes added to this recipe. You can learn about artichoke health benefits from our previous articles. However, it’s worth mentioning here that these delicious flower buds marry well with cauliflower. We thought to come up with something special, of adding a pinch of ground nutmeg to the beaten eggs to give this dish some bite. You can serve fried artichokes with cauliflower as the main course or as a side dish to meat or chicken.
Ingredients for Fried Artichokes with Cauliflower
4-5 medium artichokes
1 lb (500 g) cauliflower
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Salt to taste
Recipe of Fried Artichokes with Cauliflower
- Wash artichokes and remove tough outer leaves.
- Trim buds by cutting off about a half of upper leaves.
- Slice trimmed artichokes thinly.
- In a bowl, mix water and lemon juice and dip artichoke slices in this mixture to avoid oxidation.
- Now wash cauliflower and break into buds carefully.
- Cut each bud along into medium pieces.
- Then beat eggs with salt and nutmeg.
- Remove artichokes and use colander to drain water.
- Roll artichoke and cauliflower pieces in flour.
- Shake off excessive flour to avoid burning.
- Then dip each piece into beaten eggs mixture.
- Fry both sides in a large amount of olive oil until golden.
- Transfer to a plate quickly and fry next bunch.
- Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with sweet pepper.