You can just fry your eel; this delicious fish will come out very tasty anyway. But if you wish to cook a special dish, try to marinate this fish in the mixture of orange and lemon juice and dry white wine and then simmer it with asparagus. You will get an exquisite dish that will appeal to the most delicate palate.
Ingredients for Eel in Orange Marinade
- 1 eel
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 0.4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoonful coriander
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoonful black peppers
- 2 stalks dry or fresh rosemary
- 1.1 lb asparagus
- Sprinkle the eel with salt lavishly and clean the slime off its skin vigorously by hand. Then gut, wash and dry with paper towels. Cut the fish into medium pieces.
- Then make the marinade. Squeeze juice from oranges and a lemon. Add wine, salt to taste, ground coriander, black pepper, oregano and rosemary.
- Put the pieces of eel into the marinade and let them soak for about 40 minutes.
- Then put the fish into a glass form, pour the marinade over and put it into the oven pre-heated to 360 degrees.
- You had better fix the pieces of eel with thread at the belly because when baked thick skin would shrink and the pieces would come apart and make a poor sight.
- Bake the eel for about half an hour, adding marinade from time to time. Boil asparagus for 3 minutes and put it in the form between the pieces of fish when the eel is almost ready. Continue cooking fish with asparagus for about 10 minutes more.
- Serve eel with asparagus hot. You can garnish it with marinated pepper. Its sweet juicy taste will bring out the taste of this dish to a perfection.