There are not many ingredients in this salad, but they all blend together to perfection. Juicy crispy Iceberg lettuce, salty salmon and firm Parmesan cheese with its rich buttery and creamy taste make an original combination that will appeal to the most fastidious palate. We added two little new onion bulbs to make the taste sharper. If salmon is not available you can use any red fish, for example, trout. You can salt and marinate the fish yourselves using our recipe How to Salt Trout. This salad is very good for a late meal. You can serve it with white grape wine.
Ingredients for Iceberg Lettuce with Salmon and Parmesan Cheese
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 0.5-0.7 lb/ 200-300 g salty salmon
- 0.2-0.3 lb/ 100-150 g Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 onions
- olive oil, lemon juice, salt to taste
- It is better to cook this salad in portions. First tear lettuce leaves into large pieces with your hands and put them into each plate.
- Dice the fish into medium-sized slices and put them on lettuce leaves.
- Dice onions into half-rings and top the fish. Cut cheese into thin slices with a knife and add cheese slices into the salad. The dry cheese will crumble by itself.
- Dress the salad with good olive oil, sprinkle it with lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve the salad as soon as it is ready.