These crispy cookies are made of thin strips of dough fried in plenty of oil.
In Italy, like these fried cookies Chiacchiere are made for February carnivals.
These cookies are usually prepared without any filling, but we decided to fill them with juicy fruits. It turned out exceptionally tasty and fresh, so we share the idea with you.
Ingredients for Crispy Cookies with Fruit
- Flour: 300 gr.
- Water: 100 ml.
- Vodka or brandy 1 tablespoon
- A pinch of salt.
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Egg: 1
- For the filling: 1 banana, blueberries 2 tbsp, cranberries 2 tbsp, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp starch.
- Powdered sugar for dusting cookies.
- Oil for frying.
Recipe for Crispy Cookies with Fruit
- Dissolve some salt and sugar in water, then add vodka or brandy, an egg.
- Gradually adding the sifted flour, knead elastic not stick dough, similar to dumplings dough. If needed add some flour or water.
- Roll out thinly and cut into squares.
- Put a little filling onto each square and pinch the edges together, making triangles.
- Pour some oil, up to the level of 2-3 cm, into a saucepan.
- Bring to a great heat.
- Fry the cookies, dipping 2-3 pieces into the oil.
- Once the cookies are brown, remove with a skimmer and put on a wide dish, on paper towels.
- When the cookies are cool, sprinkle them with powdery sugar. Serve with fresh berries.