Cottage cheese doughnuts with raisin and prune are very quick to make. They will make a wonderful snack for tea or coffee. These doughnuts appeal even to kids who hate eating cottage cheese. But cottage cheese is a must to be on any healthy diet as it is very valuable food. Cottage cheese is healthy because it provides vitamins, calcium, proteins and amino acids, including essential amino acid – methionine. This amino acid is beneficial for liver, preventing fat deposits in it.
Ingredients for Cottage Cheese Doughnuts
- 200 g cottage cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Baking soda, on the tip of the knife
- 1 tablespoons raisin
- 5-6 prunes
- Vegetable oil
- Mash cottage cheese with eggs well.
- Add flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and combine well.
- Now drop raisins into the dough and add chopped prunes. Combine well once again.
- Wet a spoon with water. Scoop out a spoonful of dough, roll in flour and form balls, pressing slightly.
- Fry on both sides until nicely brown over medium heat in enough quantity of vegetable oil.
- Serve the doughnuts with any jam, nuts or fruits.