Doughnuts with Chocolate for Valentine’s Day
This simple and straightforward dessert is just right to delight your family and loved ones with on St. Valentine’s Day. And why confine yourself to this holiday? Tasty fresh doughnuts will be just as welcome on other days too. Everybody loves doughnuts especially with chocolate.
Ingredients for Doughnuts with Chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 0.8 cup milk
- 0.9 oz yeast
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bag vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.2 lb chocolate
- flour as much as necessary
- oil for frying
- heart-shaped form
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add sugar, a pinch of salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix everything well and then knead soft dough with your hands, adding sifted flour gradually. You should feel the moment when the dough gets elastic and not sticky, then stop adding flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball, place it into a large bowl and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel. Put it in warm place.
- When the dough doubles in size, sprinkle some flour on a table. Roll the dough out into a long roll and cut it into small pieces. Roll the pieces into thin disks.
- Put a piece of chocolate in the middle of every disk and cover it with another one. Make the doughnut heart-shaped cutting it with a heart-shaped form. Do the same with the other disks. Collect leftover dough and roll it out again making heart-shaped doughnuts.
- Heat oil in a pan with a thick bottom or a deep-frying machine. Fry doughnuts in small portions on both sides until nicely brown.
- When doughnuts have cooled down sprinkle them with sugar powder. And when you serve the doughnuts with tea, pour over some melted chocolate and collect compliments on your culinary prowess.