We invented this salad for Valentine’s Day. It will delight your near and dear ones with its tender and marvelous taste, the memory of which shall linger. Should you want to save some bother you can buy peeled shrimps and olives without stones. As for mayo, we advise you to cook it yourself using this recipe Olive Mayo. It will do wonders to the salad’s taste.
Ingredients for Salad with Shrimps, Caviar and Cheese
- 0.4 lb small peeled shrimps
- 2 carrots
- 0.2 lb olives without stones
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.4 lb any cheese, but it will better to take Dutch cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons red caviar
- home-made olive mayo to taste
- Boil the whole carrots. Cool, peel and grate them finely.
- Chop olives finely.
- Grate cheese into medium-sized shreds.
- Mash garlic through a press.
- Dip the shrimps into boiling water for 1-2 minutes and then drain them using a colander. Cut the cooled shrimps as finely as you can, leaving some for garnishing.
- Then mix garlic, olives, carrots and cheese in a salad bowl. Put some cheese aside for garnishing. Dress the salad with mayo and mix it carefully.
- You can serve the salad any way, guided by your imagination. We served the salad heart-shaped, using baking forms. Place the form on a plate, put the salad inside, spread it evenly pressing it down slightly with a spoon.
- Top the salad with cheese, put grated carrots and shrimps marginiformly, with a little red caviar in the centre.
- Make the second heart-shaped portion in the same way. Sprinkle the rest of cheese around the salad.