Panna Cotta is a famous Italian dessert originating from Piedmont.
Typically, it is made from cream and gelatin. You can add whatever you like into the dessert to enrich and complement the taste – milk, soft cream cheese, fruit, berries, chocolate, nuts.
Today we are having a coffee panna cotta. Cream and coffee is a perfect combination. Coffee flavor well emphasizes chocolate sauce.
Ingredients for Coffee Panna Cotta
- Cream: 500 ml.
- Sugar: 150 gr.
- Sachet of vanilla or vanilla pod.
- Leaf gelatine 5-6 plates (2 grams each).
- Instant coffee: 2-3 tbsp or 2-3 cups of espresso, depending on taste. If you do not like strong coffee, take less.
- For the chocolate sauce: chocolate 100 gr. + Butter 20 gr. + 50 ml of milk. – Melt in a water bath.
Recipe for Coffee Panna Cotta
- Pour some water over the gelatin.
- Heat the cream in a pan with a thick bottom.
- Add sugar, vanilla and coffee. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Separate gelatin from water and put it into the hot coffee cream. Stir intensively until complete dissolution.
- Pour the mixture into molds and leave in the fridge.
- 3-4 hours later, when the cream freezes well, put the molds into hot water for a few seconds and turn them over. The jelly will easily slip out.
- Pour the chocolate sauce upon the jelly.