Homemade Roast Pork with Herbs and Potatoes
This is a simple recipe, the secret of which lies in herbs. We take fresh oregano and rosemary and fry the meat with these herbs. In the end, our roast turns very fragrant and tasty.
By the way, you can cook the roast in portioned pots in the oven.
But today we are cooking it simply and easily, in a stewing pan.
Ingredients for Homemade Roast Pork with Herbs
- Pork: 1 kg.
- Medium-sized potatoes: 4-5
- Carrot: 1-2
- Tomatoes: 4-5
- Onions: 2 pcs.
- Olive oil: 4-5 tbsp
- Spices and herbs (oregano – rosemary, celery, black pepper, bay leaves), salt: all to taste
Recipe for Homemade Roast Pork with Herbs
- Pour some oil into a stewing pan. Saute the onions and carrots for 4-5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, fry the meat over high heat with herbs in another pan.
- Add potatoes and the remaining ingredients, as well as spices to taste.
- Pour water to cover the contents of the stewing pan and simmer until tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Follow the water level in the cooking process and add some water if it is not enough. The dish should not be dry; a fragrant tasty sauce is an important component of a good roast.