Chicken is known as one of the best sources of proteins. Moreover, it has more polyunsaturated fatty acids than any other meat. That’s why chicken is not only easily digested, but also helps prevent heart attack, blood-stroke and hypertension, maintains normal metabolism and strengthens immune system. Chicken meat contains more proteins than any other meat. Also, vitamins В2, В6, В9 and В12, and a lot of assimilable iron, sulphur, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium and cuprum are found in chicken.
Chicken Meat and Digestion
Chicken meat has little collagen (a connective tissue) and the lowest caloric content of any meat. You can’t think of better diet food for those suffering from digestive diseases, diabetes and obesity.
Chicken Meat and Dieting
The availability of all above mentioned vitamins and minerals has a direct effect on our looks. Those who prefer chicken meat are more likely to have slim figure and smooth skin. Even strict diets include chicken. On the other hand, high protein content makes chicken meat the best muscle-building material.
Ingredients for Chicken with Paprika
2 lb chicken
30 g paprika
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons (50 g) sour cream
10 g ground bay leaf
Salt and black pepper to taste
300 g potatoes
Recipe of Chicken with Paprika
- Blend sour cream and paprika.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and ground bay leaf.
- Season with salt to taste and black pepper, if desired.
- Mix everything well. Place chicken back-side up and cut in half lengthwise. Spread the mixture evenly on each half.
- Let chicken marinade for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in quarters.
- Cut onion into rings.
- Arrange chicken on baking sheet and place potato pieces and onion rings around it.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at the temperature of 270-320 F (150-180 C).
- When chicken is well-roasted and potatoes get soft, the dish is ready.
- Serve immediately and garnish with pickled artichokes and lemon chunks.