The Stewed Chicken with Sweet Pepper Recipe
Here’s a recipe for an excellent dinner or supper. Chicken’s tender meat is in perfect harmony with sweet fleshy pepper, leek and fragrant celery.
Ingredients for Stewed Chicken
- 1 chicken
- 2 sweet peppers
- a stalk of celery
- white part of leek
- olive oil
- 0.42 pt white wine
- 2 tablespoonfuls dried Mediterranean herbs
Recipe for Stewed Chicken
- Cut the chicken into pieces, mix wine with salt and herbs rubbed into powder and pour over the meat. Leave the meat to soak for 2 hours.
- Pour 4 tablespoons oil into a frying-pan and fry the chicken pieces quickly on all sides on high heat.
- Turn the heat down, add cut-up pepper, leek and celery.
- Salt and pepper to taste, cover up and stew for about 20-30 minutes, giving it a good stir every now and then.